Sunday, March 8, 2009

X-Files


So I have watched every episode of the x-file at least twice. I own the box set but not the movies. Yes I have seen them a couple of times, too.

The first few seasons are my favorite, I was never a huge fan of the whole "I lost my sister to aliens" boo hoo. But they all fallow the outline.

So to my point - there is an outline for the show and every episode fallows this outline.

1. The show opens with someone who goes missing or a death.
2. Next Mulder and Scully go check it out.
3. Most of the time it is Mulder who comes up with some crazy off the wall idea of what really happened
4. Scully (most of the time) comes up with a scientific answer to what has happened
5. Of of the two of them gets into trouble
6. The other one saves them
7. Turns out that Mulder was mostly right and Scully wasn't completely wrong. (in later episodes Scully comes up with the crazy ideas and Doggett is the sane one but the plot outline is still the same)
8. Then there is the "moment" that will always take place between Mulder and Scully at some point in the show. But they can never hook up because that always ruins the show.

And that is the outline for x-file episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment